Tuesday 13 August 2013

An owners feedback



I have to beg to differ with regards to it not having an environmental impact. It doesn't matter whether the lakes are man-made or not. You only have to look at the impact that a small pond has when installed in a domestic garden. The flora and fauna that had established itself here since the lakes were constructed was significant and most of that has now gone.

There is less wild life now attracted and the eyesore that is left is unacceptable. If I had want to look at a volcanic landscape I would have bought a property in Tenerife!

Personally I don't believe that the legal action being taken has got anything to do with it and I also don't think that Lucinda and her following have case. The land where the workers store there machinery etc., isn't even owned by us. There are several areas of council owned land on the resort and they could pretty much do what they like with it !

The photos sent out by Nigel of the proposed fencing is ridiculous and wouldn't do anything to obscure the area from affected phase VII apartments other than those on the ground floor. STV would be better off spending some time moving everything to the back of the area, tidying it up and landscaping around it.

If IRM took their heads out of the 'bunkers' they would see what a fantastic course Riquelme is. If as Ken suggested, they filled the lakes in, leaving a depth of about three or four feet, the visual impact would return, the golf course would have its water hazards, the wildlife would return and the golfers would enjoy their rounds too.

There would be a one off cost to do this but then the ongoing costs would reduce dramatically.

It's not rocket science - they just don't get it.

I also bought off plan, because of the lake views. I chose my apartment after having to move plots because of the three missing buildings issue, costing me another €20K because it was a prerequisite that I had lake views. I think that perhaps we should start a petition (possibly electronically) to send to IRM. One lone voice isn't enough, it needs everybody to kick up a stink. Sitting back, saying 'oh well, that's the way it is', isn't going to get any results.

Am I angry about this, damned right I am. It's scandalous and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it - perhaps we should sue IRM collectively or at least issue a denuncia as shot across the bows !

No comments:

Post a Comment